Robert (Bob) Johnston JrFounder and Managing Associate Strategy Innovation Group, LLC
Unleashing the growth potential of organizations is the purpose of strategy innovation. All can benefit from it. Too few do it. The Strategy Innovation Group (SIG) was founded to lead a transformative shift in the way global organizations envision and realize their desired future through strategy innovation.
We have partnered with executive leadership at 3M, P&G, IBM, BMW, Hewlett-Packard, Marriott International, United Way Worldwide and Carl Zeiss, among others, to monetize sustainable new value in their industry, (i.e. 3M’s CEO valued this new “non-incremental to breakthrough” growth pipeline at $6 billion after 4 years.)
We pioneered FutureBack Strategy over 30 years ago, as part of our strategy innovation practice and have been pleased at the more recent validation (by Innosight and others), declaring it a powerful methodology for creating an organization’s future.
We are pioneering a 21st century approach to accelerated enterprise growth using artificial intelligence and the internet. Result: greater growth in less time and more cost-effective. We recently co-created and co-facilitated the FutureMakers Summit in Palo Alto, CA for executive leadership with the Center for Creative Leadership, the Institute for The Future and Electronic Arts, that was rated 4.6 out of 5 by participants at the C-suite and Board level. Watch the videos, learn more:
Bob is the Founder and Managing Associate of the Strategy Innovation Group, LLC. He is the co-author of the book, The Power of Strategy Innovation (read reviews at: http://thepowerofstrategyinnovation.com)
“This wonderful and meaningful book helps readers understand the multidimensional world of innovation from a strategic viewpoint. Awesome!” – Dr. Kenneth J. Cox, Chief Technologist for Human Exploration and Development of Space, NASA
Bob’s Additional Professional Highlights:
● Past President, Chairman of the Board and currently Board Director at PDMA – Product Development and Management Association (https://www.pdma.org/page/PDMA_leadership) – the premier advocate for product development and product management professionals in the world. It has a mission to accelerate the contribution that innovation makes to the economic and professional growth of people, businesses and societies everywhere.
● Designed Innovation Lab for United Way Worldwide (1,700 leaders trained)
● Advisory Board at Speciate AI (http://www.speciateai.com)
● Elected to Hall of Fame, Creative Problem-Solving Institute
● Officer and Board Member, Creative Education Foundation (8 years)
● Board Member, Vineyard Montessori School
● Co-founder, Global Odyssey for Youth
● Founder and Managing Principal, IdeaScope Associates, 1983-2000.
● Presentations and Lectures (sample list): FutureMakers Summit, ADWKDC (Advertising Week DC), African Creativity Conference, European Innovation Conference, China Innovation Conference, Brown University’s Jonathan M. Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship, Harvard Business School, Duke’s Fuqua School of Business and Distinguished Speaker Series at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.